If you would like to increase the probability that learners will learn faster and retain that learning longer, then you will want to incorporate accelerated learning techniques into your curriculum design.
Accelerated learning techniques create the ultimate participant-centered training experience. They draw on recent scientific research into the structure of the brain and individual learning preferences.
Accelerated learning is based on six key principles:
- Engage the participants in the learning process;
- Meet the needs of the different learning styles;
- Build on what the participants already know;
- Create a joyful, stress-free learning environment;
- Involve as many of the senses as possible; and
- Provide for increasingly deeper involvement in the learning process.
Four of these six principles have been discussed in previous Tips. We will address principles #4 and #6 separately in upcoming Tips.