Tip #98: Lesson Planning
There is a comprehensive nine step LESSON PLANning Process that has served me very well as I have designed a variety of training programs for clients:
- L OOK at the TRAINING NEEDS.
- E STABLISH the TRAINING GOALS.
- S ELECT the KEY CONTENT.
- S ET the desired LEARNING LEVELS.
- O RGANIZE the LEARNING OBJECTIVES.
- N EGOTIATE the AGENDA.
- P ROPOSE the TRAINING METHODS.
- L IST the necessary TRAINING RESOURCES.
- A RRANGE to EVALUATE if the training need has been met.
N OW CREATE the TRAINING MATERIALS!
If a diagram is useful for you, here is a very basic depiction of the lesson design process: