Tip #93: After a Conference Presentation
Immediately after the workshop has ended:
- Gather your materials over to a side table so that the next presenter can set up.
- Pack up quickly.
- Have your business cards available.
- Be prepared to spend time in discussion with participants.
- Be conscious of the next presenter’s needs.
- Move the discussion to a new location.
- Bring unused handout materials to a public table for distribution.
- If you collected participants’ cards for an end of the workshop drawing or give-away, send a follow up thank you or promised materials to the participants.
- If the participants generated work products on flip charts, take pictures of the flip charts, post them on Kodak Gallery or a similar website and send the link out to the participants as a visual reminder of their work during the session.
- Be prepared for a lot of excitement and affirmation for your topic, your workshop, and you!
- Recognize that people’s best intentions- for example, to invite you to present a workshop at their location or conference- may be realized.
- Enjoy the attention you receive at the time.
- Do not be disappointed if nothing happens later as a result of your workshop. Sometimes it will take a few years until someone calls you!
- Ask to see the workshop evaluations.
- Realize that a list of your conference presentations is a good addition to your marketing literature.