“The secret of success is consistency of purpose.” Benjamin Disraeli
When we conduct training- for employees throughout our organization or for customers in different locations, etc., we want to be sure that they receive the same message and leave with the same knowledge and skills.
There are 16 separate actions you can take to increase the probability that your training programs will be the same- regardless of when and where the training occurs and who conducts the training:
- Design a lesson plan that clearly articulates the learning goals and objectives, as well as the type and duration of learning activities to accomplish those goals. If at all possible, involve the trainers who will be facilitating the program so they have
When we began this discussion about encouraging SMEs to use participatory learning activities, we said that we had to meet five challenges: to help them: (1) recognize the value of participatory learning activities; (2) become open to the idea of actually using participatory activities; (3) see that participatory activities are not necessarily difficult to design; (4) learn how to select appropriate activities; and (5) become comfortable with facilitating participatory activities.
Last week’s Tip focused on the fourth challenge: to help SMEs learn how to select appropriate activities.
This week’s Tip will address the fifth challenge:
How can we help SMEs become comfortable with facilitating participatory activities?
There are four keys to helping SMEs become comfortable with facilitating participatory activities:
(1) … Read the rest
After we have created our lesson plan and designed the training materials and audiovisual aids with the help of SMEs, the next step is to prepare materials that will enable the facilitator or trainer to successfully facilitate the training.
We approach this design process by asking another set of questions:
- What does the facilitator need to know about the training program? At the very least, the facilitator guide should include explanations of the:
- Workshop Description
- Training Goals
- Training Philosophy
- Timing Requirements
- Participant Materials
- Trainer Materials
- Room Set Up Needs
- Audiovisual Equipment Needs
- How to Organize Participant and/or Trainer Materials
- Are there any key points or concepts that need to be emphasized during the training? If so, also include: