Checking for Comprehension
- Check for comprehension of the content. You can do this by asking questions or encouraging participants to provide some examples.
- After giving an assignment, walk around the room to be sure that they understand and are working on the correct assignment.
- Check with the participants occasionally- either in the large group, by talking with individuals during the break, or dip-sticking the small groups- to be sure that the pace is comfortable and everyone is on the same page with you.
- It is important to have the individual or group representatives report out after they have completed an exercise. Otherwise, they will not have any sense of closure.
- Draw out the correct or more complete answers