There are many different room arrangements for training. A very well-known and familiar arrangement is classroom style, in which there are parallel rows of tables and chairs facing a lectern or desk in the front of the room. There is typically a screen for audiovisual projection in the front of the room, either in the middle or angled to the side.
- It is a familiar arrangement.
- Every participant is facing forward.
- It immediately creates negative transfer because it reminds participants of school situations in which they were expected to sit quietly, listen and take notes.
- It relegates participants to the role of listeners, so they are less likely to speak up.
- If school is an unhappy memory, the